Monday, June 4, 2012

A Quest for Completion - Part II

As I mentioned in my last post about trying to complete my lineup of the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Cuisine line, the meat fork has been very difficult to find!

I had pretty much given up hope after my father-in-law had done an extensive search online, and even called the manufacturer over Christmas.  When I recently launched my new quest to complete the set ASAP, I looked again.  All these months of searching (maybe even a year), and now I was finally able to find it!

I present to you, the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Cuisine Fork!




I didn't tell hubby that I had ordered it, holding my breath that it would actually show up.  I was a little skeptical since the site I found it on was in the UK, and looks less than professional.  But I do have to give a shout out to http://langtoninfo.co.uk/.  Placing my order was pretty difficult.  I wanted to pay by CC, and the site said it took PayPal or CC, but every time I tired using my CC, it bounced me back to PayPal and gave me an error and told me to wait 15 minutes.  Imagine how frustrated I was becoming after 4 attempts and still no luck.  In finally caved and used PayPal.  Once I got that all set up, everything else went smoothly.  I placed my order, got a confirmation that it was in the system, got a confirmation the next day that they had received my order and began processing it, and it shipped 3 business days later with an additional email notice.  I emailed them to find out how long I should wait for the package to arrive in the states.  They promptly emailed me back the next day (quite timely given the time difference!).  They were always informative with timely updates.  I think I was told to give it 3-4 weeks.  It arrived only 5 mailing days later!  Imagine my surprise when it wasn't even on my mind yet since it had just shipped and we were walking in the door from our Memorial Day Chascation when there it was.  WOW!  The box was a bit beat up, and in German, but the fork is in perfect condition and hubby was so surprised and impressed that I obtained it.

TWEET, TWEET!

My current difficulty - the bread knife.  I've attempted to order it from 4 sites now, and all have failed.  I wish these companies would take out of stock items off their websites. :-/  But I will continue trying to find one of my last few knives that I need!

After that, we hope to get a set of steak knives.  One thing at a time though... these babies don't come cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment