Sunday, September 4, 2011

So Fresh and So Clean, Clean

Now that things have calmed down for us and we have more free time, I have been trying to get the house back in an orderly state. My husband was awesome the month of July and ran two households by himself while I was dealing with a family emergency. Luckily not a lot had to be done cleaning wise at the 2nd house, the family member, but my husband knows a clean house puts me in balance. I came home one day and he had vacuumed the living room, dining room, hallway, cleaned the kitchen spotless, and even cleaned off the entertainment center. This may sound like a regular cleaning adventure to most, but we had not cleaned in a few months! I'm embarrassed to say, it was bad! So his feat was a large one and I love him dearly for it. He was so sweet and thoughtful to know that this act would make me so happy and I feel so lucky to have such a great guy. I may be biased, but I think he is the best husband in the world! :)

So I of course started cleaning the kitchen, my favorite room in the house, 2 weeks ago. I scrubbed and disinfected every single surface of the kitchen. What did this make me want to do? COOK! And I did and destroyed the kitchen with my husband later that night. It wasn't too bad cleaning up after though and has been much easier keeping up with the clean kitchen. It has managed to stay clean for 2 solid weeks now. I'm proud! Again, most of you probably think this just makes good sense, and it does, but our busy lives always seem to get in our way soon after and wreck all our cleaning efforts. I am hell bent on keeping the kitchen clean this time though!

Last weekend I tackled the kitchen table. It had become a dumping ground for junk mail, semi important mail, and even important mail was buried in there, and anything else that didn't quite have a place. I managed to get it down to 2 small piles. And another work week to put it all on pause.

I spent a lot of time cleaning on Saturday so that my holiday off from work could be spent in a clean home relaxing. I thoroughly vacuumed most of the house, including baseboards, cobwebs from ceilings (I swear I do not live in a wreck of a home I just have not had time), and what I didn't get to Saturday was cleaned today. I still didn't quite get everything knocked out today... but it's looking a lot better and more relaxing already.

And I must praise Dyson. We got the Dyson DC28 Animal as a wedding gift, and more than 9 months later I'm still in love with it. Vacuuming is so much easier with this beast. There are too many good things to say about it that I'm not even going to attempt to start.

I guess I'll end up cleaning tomorrow, but at least I will have a clean house. I'm already feeling so much more relaxed and at ease. It's amazing how happy a nice clean home makes me.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment